Friday, May 19, 2017

Jack Henry's Book Obsessions

Jack Henry has always loved books. I love to read to him but I have to admit that he gets obsessed with just a few books and wants them read to him over and over. I've gotten smart (and I guess you could say lazy) and let him watch You Tube videos of people reading those books. He does the cutest thing after I finish a book. He says "Mama, that was a good story". He says it every time. It makes me smile. I wanted to share with you his current favorite books because if he loves them then I know your child will also.

His newest book obsession was a gift from a blogging friend Leslie. It is Sam and Dave Dig a Hole.


The book that we have all been forced to reenact with him is The Three Billy Goats Gruff. They did that at his school. He pretends the coffee table is the bridge and he wants one of us to pretend they are the troll. HIs favorite part is him getting to be the biggest billy goat at the end and he attacks the troll. We always play along and get attacked. It cracks him up!


Jack Henry has recently fallen in love with the classic The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I guarantee he has read that book 100 times today. When I say read I mean he has the thing memorized. He still wants someone to read it to him though.


He has long been obsessed with the book We're Going on a Bear Hunt. He also loves watching the video of the book. He loves doing the motions and he still acts surprised when the bear appears. 


I love that Jack Henry enjoys books as much as I do. I hope that his love for reading and books continue through the years. I absolutely love it when we lay side by side in bed with our books. 

I would love to hear if you have any book suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment