Monday, May 15, 2017

My New Education Journey

Kelli, Betsy, and I on our graduation day from SAU

I have always enjoyed learning. Paper, pencils, books, highlighters make me so giddy. Don't get me started on my love for index cards. I'm a self-proclaimed school nerd. It is one of the reasons I became a teacher. At UAM I got my bachelors in history. Love you Dr. Corbin! I then went through the Nontraditional Licensure program to get my 6-12 teaching license.

After a few years of teaching high school history I knew I wanted more. I enrolled at SAU to get my masters in Library Media. It was an amazing experience! I met friends that I'm still close with today. I interviewed at Jimmy Brown, a K-5 school in Star City. I got the job and started working there not knowing anyone. I've been there six years and I love my job. The people I work with are amazing and have a true passion for teaching and helping kids. I want more.

I recently enrolled at SAU to get my masters in Higher Adult and Lifelong Education. I want to have options. One day I would love to guide adults to their career paths. Encouragement is a God giving quality that I've been gifted. I know I can help others to see their potential.

Being a single mother to a four year old, working full time, all while in school will not be easy. However, I love a challenge. Plus, I want Jack Henry to see his mother getting educated and fulfilling dreams and passions.

I know I've made the right decision because I prayed about it for a few months and God spoke. He threw SAU at me at every turn. I've been taught that when God speaks, you listen.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Love this new goal and your new space :) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete