Thursday, May 18, 2017

Podcasts I Love

If you have an iPhone then you have probably seen the purple app that says Podcasts. Most people ignore that app. It is my most used app. Podcasts are like radio shows with specific topics. I don't believe there is any subject not covered in a podcast. Don't believe me? I recently finished listening to the podcast "The Missing Richard Simmons" It was fabulous by the way. If you are a Harry Potter fan there is several podcasts for you.

MuggleCast 

Harry Potter and the Sacred Text


I keep my podcast listening to shows that I need to hear in this phase of my life. I like parenting, Christianity, home, goal setting, and educational topics.

The very first podcast I listened to, and it happens to be my favorite, is the "Mom Struggling Well" podcast with Emily Thomas. A blogger friend Celeste (she has an online clothing store for boys called Haven Gray and everything is super cute) introduced me to it and I've listened to all episodes more than once. Emily is a mom to two kids and each week she interviews a mother. She is a Christian but she isn't preachy. She is funny and real down to earth. Her honesty is so refreshing. 



My second favorite podcast is "The Mom Hour" by Meagan and Sarah. Meagan has five kids and lives in Michigan. Sarah has three kids and lives in southern California. Each week they cover a parenting topic (this week is surviving the end of the school year). They have great chemistry and it feels like you are sitting down with friends. They are very interactive and have even read a letter I wrote on their podcast. You always walk away feeling like a better mom. If you are anything like me, you need to feel that way as much as you can.


"The Girl Next Door" podcast comes out every other week. Erica and Kelsey are next door neighbors living in Arizona. They start each episode with a cocktail recipe. They cover a topic of interests and always end the show by talking about their current obsessions and then they do neighborhood news. I currently wear the lip stain Erica suggested. Their neighborhood news is always hilarious.


Now I must talk about my love for "The Big Boo Cast" podcast. Sophie aka Boo Mama and Melanie aka Big Mama are southern, football fanatics, authors, bloggers, and speakers. They write Christian nonfiction about their lives and their books are hilarious. Sophie is originally from Mississippi and now lives in Birmingham and Melanie lives in Texas. My one issue with this podcast is that it comes out sporadically. The good part is that I can listen to them again and still laugh so hard. If you give no other podcasts a try, give this one a listen. You will be so glad you did. 


Since I have a 45 minute commute to work I do my listening on the road. During the summer, when I'm being forced to push Jack "higher Mama higher" I just put in my earbuds and go to my happy place.









No comments:

Post a Comment